Apps are the most essential things of a smartphone as they enable us to get the most out of our devices, from calling our loved ones, capturing the best moments, planning the day, etc.
But what if apps are not loading/opening or suddenly end up unresponsive on your Samsung Galaxy S21?
Well, that must be a nightmare for you. But worry no more because, in this guide, we will teach you how you can fix your Samsung Galaxy S21 device from the app not loading issue.
Note: Solutions in this guide will work on any Samsung Galaxy S21 model (S21, S21 Plus, S21 Fe, and S21 Ultra models.)
Editor’s note: We created these instructions using a Samsung Galaxy S21 running Android 12. Depending on your device’s software version, some steps and menu positions may look slightly different.
Table of Contents
Why are apps not working/loading on my Samsung Galaxy S21?
There can be a few different situations as to why this problem has occurred. Let us talk about each one of them briefly.
- There is only one (1) app that is not loading/working.
- A few third-party apps are not working.
- System apps are not working.
If there is only one (1) app that is not showing, that might be because that app has an issue. It could be a bug in the app itself or this app does not support your Galaxy S21 model or maybe another app prevents the app from loading.
If there are a few third-party apps not working on your smartphone, it could be an Android operating system’s issue or as we said earlier, another app might block those apps from running.
Important: When your device is in safe mode, third-party apps will not work.
But if even system apps are not opening, it should be the Android operating system that has malfunctioned and caused the issue.
If any of these scenarios relate to what you are experiencing right now, I will show you how to fix it and get your apps running back again. Keep scrolling.
How to fix apps not loading issue on your Samsung Galaxy S21
Now, let’s talk about how you can fix this problem. I have gathered a few fixes that you can try.
Fix 01: If apps are not working on Wi-Fi
Besides the reasons that I have told you earlier, some users have reported that some apps on their Samsung Galaxy S21 smartphones are not working when their mobile is connected to a Wi-Fi connection.
This could happen because of two (2) reasons:
- Your Wi-Fi router is not configured properly; and
- The connection is not working on your Wi-Fi router.
To fix this, you can do the following;
- Restart your Wi-Fi router.
- Go to its settings and switch to 2.4GHz frequency.
You can now check if the app/s is running normally. If it still doesn’t load, try switching to mobile data.
Fix 02: Clear app cache
If a certain app is not opening or loading properly, instead of clearing the whole device’s cache files, you can simply clear that app’s cache to fix it from not working. This method is worry-free because your personal data inside the app won’t get erased.
Here is how you can do that:
- Go to Settings, then Apps;
- Select the app you want to fix;
- Tap on Force stop; and
- Tap on the Clear cache (If it is not there tap on Manage storage and then tap on Clear cache)
Fix 03: Clear app data
Clearing app data will clear all the saved data including your personal files and app updates. Therefore, if you think there are important files in the app’s folder, back them up by copying the data to another location.
The steps are relatively the same:
- Go to Settings, and open Apps.
- Select the app which is not working.
- Tap on Force stop.
- Tap on Clear data. (If the option is not there tap on Manage storage and then you will see this option)
- Restart the app.
Fix 04: Reinstall the app
If clearing the cache and the data did not work, you can try reinstalling the app. Simply head over to Settings then go to Apps and uninstall the app that is not loading.
Then, you can go back to Play Store or whatever source that you got the app from. Download and reinstall it to see if the problem is fixed.
Fix 05: Clear system cache
Clearing the system cache help to fix a lot of problems on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
It is because clearing system cache forces the device and apps to regenerate cache files. If previous cache files were corrupted due to some reason, this will help to fix errors like this.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Power button for a few seconds.
- Once the recovery menu shows up, select Wipe cache partition, and press the Power button.
- Select Yes when a confirmation message shows up and proceed by pressing the Power button again.
- After the process completes, Reboot the device using the same menu.
Fix 06: Update Software
If none of the above fixes worked for you, then it might be the android system that has caused the issue. To fix this, you can check for a new software update and install it.
- Head over to Settings and tap on Software update.
- From there you can tap on three dots at the top right corner and tap on Check for updates.
If there is any update available for your Samsung Galaxy S21 smartphone, you can download and install it. But before that, make sure your device has at least 70% battery level remaining because the software update can take a long time and drain the battery a lot.
Hope you have fixed the app not loading issue on your Samsung Galaxy S21 device. I researched a lot about this problem on forums/YouTube/Social media and other informative websites to gather these fixes for you.
If this guide helped you fix the problem, leave a comment below. If you have any questions regarding this article, feel free to comment below as well.
Have a nice day!