Need to wake up early? Not a problem cause you can easily set up an alarm on your Samsung Galaxy S22 so that being late will be out of the picture. But, what if your Galaxy S22 suddenly started to act up and Alarm no longer sound?
You are probably here because you are using Samsung S22 and you have noticed that its alarm no longer sounds (or only vibrates), then this guide is for you.
In this guide, we will discuss what causes the Galaxy S22 alarm no sound issue and how you can fix it. So keep reading!
Note: This guide can also apply to Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus, S22 Fe and S22 Ultra devices.
Table of Contents
What Causes Galaxy S22 No Alarm Sound?
Before getting to the solutions, let’s see what could possibly cause your Galaxy S22 to fail to produce any alarm sound.
These causes can vary from user to user, but we believe it is important to understand what has caused the problem so that you can easily apply solutions to your case.
Here are the most possible causes why your Samsung S22’s alarm doesn’t sound:
- After installing a Software Update: One of the most common reasons many users experience the alarm sound issue is due to Samsung’s latest update. Specifically, the May 22 update has been reported by numerous users as the cause of this problem.
- Your Galaxy S22 is in Silent Mode: If you don’t know, your Galaxy S22’s alarm doesn’t sound when it is in silent mode.
- Caching Issue: If the system cache or alarm app cache is corrupted, this is probably why the alarm doesn’t work properly.
- The Alarm Won’t Sound During a Call: If you are on a call, or your phone is glitched and assumes you are on a call, it won’t produce any alarm notification.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S22 Alarm No Sound
Here are the working solutions that you can apply to fix your Galaxy S22. Let’s start with the quickest one, which is turning of vibrate for alarms and timers.
Solution 01 – Turn Off “Vibrate for alarms and timers”
If you turn on your device’s silent profile, the alarm won’t sound. To fix this, you have to disable “Vibrate for alarms and timers” in Alarm settings, and here is how you can do that:
- Open the Clock app.
- Tap on the 3 dots on the right side, then tap on Settings.
- Turn off “Vibrate for alarms and timers“
Solution 02 – Turn On “Allow alarm/notification sounds on call”
As we said earlier, the alarm won’t sound when you are on a call. By enabling alarm notifications on calls, you will hear the alarm sound even if you are on a call.
Follow these steps to enable this option:
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap 3 dots on the top right and tap on Settings.
- Go to “Call alerts & ringtone“.
- Then, turn on “Allow alarm/notification sounds in call”.
Solution 03 – Clear Data of The Clock App
The clock app on your Galaxy S22 uses its data to function. if the app itself has issues and if that is why your device doesn’t produce any alarm sound, you can clear the app data to resolve this.
Here is how you can do that:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Tap on the Clock app, then tap on Force stop (if you cannot see the Clock app tap the 3 dots on the right top and tap on Show system apps).
- Then go to Manage storage and tap on Clear data.
Solution 02 – Update Google Play
Google Play is responsible for most of your Galaxy S22’s built-in functions. If this issue is caused after a system update, you will be able to fix it by updating Google Play to the latest available version.
To do that, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings and then Biometrics and Security.
- Tap on Google Play system update, then tap on Update.
- Restart the device after the update is completed.
Solution 06 – Check for System Update
A lot of people have got this issue after a software update. Therefore, chances are higher that if there is a new update, Samsung has probably sent bug fixes along with the update. So all you have to do is recheck for a software update:
- Go to Settings then Software Update.
- Tap on Check for Update or Download and Install Updates.
If there is any update available for your Galaxy S22 device, it will get downloaded and you can install it. Make sure your device has enough battery to perform the update.
Solution 01 – Clear Your Galaxy S22’s Cache
If none of the above solutions worked, then chances are higher that there is a system caching issue on your Galaxy S22 which prevents the alarm from sounding. To fix this, you have to delete the system cache in your S22.
Don’t worry this process won’t delete any of your personal data. It will only wipe out the cached data which is totally okay.
- Turn off your S22 device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up (+) and Power Button at the same time. Then the recovery mode will appear.
- Once the recovery mode shows up, use the volume buttons to select the Wipe cache partition option and then press the power button.
- Then, you will see a confirmation message. Using the volume buttons and the power button select Yes and confirm to start clearing the cache on your device.
- You will see two (2) to three (3) “Wipe cache complete” messages, then you will see the same option you saw in Step 2. Select the Reboot now option and press the power button to restart the device.
That is it. Now, you can test the alarm and hear if it sounds.
We hope this guide helped you to fix the alarm sound does not work issue on your Samsung Galaxy S22 device.
So which method worked for you? If you have any questions regarding this guide? Feel free to leave a comment, we will be there to help.
Have a nice day!