Voicemail systems are significant because as you know, it allows the caller to send a voice message when your device is not in range, or you are busy and can’t answer calls.
But you may not need the voicemail service and want to get rid of it. So if you want to turn off voicemail on your Samsung Galaxy S21, then this guide is for you. Keep reading!
Official thread: Samsung Community
Table of Contents
- Should you turn off voicemail on your Samsung Galaxy S21?
- How to turn off voicemail on Your Samsung Galaxy S21
Should you turn off voicemail on your Samsung Galaxy S21?
Even though voicemail is a good alternative to SMS alerts, not every people want to use it.
Voicemail is great for a busy person, especially when you are working most of the time and have no time to answer calls. But if you are a person that uses your mobile most of the day, then you probably won’t need that.
Another reason to get rid of voicemail on your Samsung Galaxy S21 is that sometimes voicemail notifications won’t easily go away. This can be not very pleasant, and sometimes these notifications take up all the notification area space of your Samsung Galaxy S21. Keeping all the important notifications away from your eyes.
Now let’s see how you can turn off voicemail on your Samsung Galaxy S21.
How to turn off voicemail on Your Samsung Galaxy S21
Voicemail service is handled by your carrier. Therefore if you want to turn off that directly, you need to contact your carrier. But there are a few other ways that you can do to turn off voicemail on your Galaxy S21 smartphone.
Method 01 -Turn off Voicemail using call forwarding
This technique that I found works perfectly with any carrier. In this method, we turn off forwarding or forward the voicemail to another number. Most of the time, this can be an unused or unimportant number.
So here is what you should do:
- Open Dialer on your S21.
- Tap the 3 dots on the top right corner, and tap on Settings.
- Then tap on Supplementary services.
- Tap on Call forwarding, and then Voice call.
- Select Always forward call to and tap on Turn off/Disable.
Note: If you see something like this when going to turn off always forward calls, go to the last method.
Method 02 – Fill your voicemail box
Another tricky way to disable voicemail service is that fill up the voicemail box with your own voicemails.
What you are going to do here is that you make calls from another mobile to your mobile and make voicemails till the message box gets filled up. After that, you won’t receive any voicemail & you won’t need to contact your carrier to turn it off.
Simply follow these steps:
- Put your Galaxy S21 into Airplane mode.
- Make a call to your Galaxy S21 from another mobile and leave a voicemail. (it doesn’t need to be long)
- Repeat it until the voicemail box gets filled.
Method 03 – Turn Off Voicemail using USSD Code/Number
Every carrier provides a special code or a number that can use to contact them. You can simply find it by typing your carrier in Google.
Once you find the number or the code, follow the below steps to turn off voicemail service on your Galaxy S21.
- Open the Dialer app and type the code/number and dial it.
- Follow the instructions and wait until the record plays the “Voicemail settings” section.
- Press the relevant number, and follow the instructions to turn off voicemail.
Now the voicemail service will be turned off from the carrier, and you won’t receive any voicemails to your Galaxy S21 from now on.
Method 04 – Contact the mobile carrier
If you are still struggling to turn off voicemail on your Samsung Galaxy 21 smartphone, the best option is to contact your mobile carrier.
Unlike in the previous method, you have to directly contact a person from your carrier’s customer care to fix this problem.
You can find the customer care number on Google. Talk to a customer care agent and tell him/her to deactivate voicemail from their end.
I hope you have successfully turned off the Voicemail service on your Samsung Galaxy S21 device. Everything in this guide is based on my own research on the topic. So if you got your problem fixed, leave a comment below to help me create more content like this!
As I always say, if you have any questions regarding this guide, feel free to put a comment below. I will always be there to help you.
Have a nice day!
Related Articles for Your Samsung Galaxy S21
- How to Fix Battery Drain Overnight on Samsung S10, S20, S21 & S22 (2022)
- How to Fix: Samsung Galaxy S21 Apps Not Loading
- Media Volume is Too Low on Samsung Galaxy S21 – How to Fix It
- Samsung Galaxy S21/S22 Ultra Screenshots Not Working (Fixes)