Complete Guide to Fix No GPS Signal Issue in Galaxy S22 device.
Are you a fan of traveling to places that you haven’t been before? In this technologically advanced world, this is not a problem anymore. Just make sure you bring your phone with you and activate your GPS signal. But what if the only thing you thought you could rely on in a foreign place isn’t as reliable as you thought it would be?
The frustration is surely irking in your body. If you are a Samsung S22 Ultra user, chances are, you have experienced this kind of dilemma before. At that time, what did you do and what made you survive the situation?
Worry no more because this article won’t let you miss fun again in your next adventures. Let us fix your GPS signal issue on your Samsung S22 Ultra!
Table of Contents
- Why Does My Galaxy S22 Ultra Keeps Saying GPS Signal Lost/ No GPS Signal
- How to Fix Galaxy S22 Ultra No GPS Signal/GPS Signal Lost Issue
- Fix 01 – Check for Software Updates
- Fix 02 – Clear Cached GPS Data
- Fix 03 – Update Google Network Location Provider (NLP)
- Fix 04 – Allow Mapping/Navigational Apps to Use Location Always
- Fix 05 – Disable Battery Optimization for Mapping/Navigation App You Use
- Fix 06 – Clear Your S22 Ultra Device’s Cache
- Fix 06 – Perform a Factory Data Reset
Why Does My Galaxy S22 Ultra Keeps Saying GPS Signal Lost/ No GPS Signal
The annoying message “GPS Signal Lost” or “No GPS Signal” keeps appearing when using Google maps or other navigational apps because of an issue in the Galaxy S22 Ultra’s operating system. The most reported device variant is the Exynos. This issue has nothing to do with the GPS hardware and that is why you have nothing to worry about it.
The only thing you need to know is that it is caused by the Samsung OS and not the hardware, and Samsung has officially confirmed that. This means that it can be fixed and now you need to know how to do it by yourself.
How to Fix Galaxy S22 Ultra No GPS Signal/GPS Signal Lost Issue
One thing you need to know is that Samsung has said that there will be a fix for this GPS problem of the Galaxy S22 Ultra. What will it be then? It will be a software update. So, the first thing you should do is check for any software updates on your S22 Ultra phone.
Fix 01 – Check for Software Updates
If there is any software update available, then the chances are high that it contains the fix for the no GPS signal issue. Let’s see how you can update the software of your Galaxy S22 Ultra device:
Tip: See our Samsung Galaxy S22 software update tracker
Note: Make sure you have at least 70% battery level remaining before you begin the update process.
- Go to Settings, then Software update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
Your S22 Ultra will now begin to search for an update. If one is available, it will be automatically downloaded and installed.
Once it is done, your device will restart immediately. Then, you can check if the problem is fixed.
Fix 02 – Clear Cached GPS Data
GPS usually stores cache data to work quickly as possible. Clearing these data will reset the GPS and it will fix the issue permanently. For some users, this fix works temporarily. Anyway, let’s give it a try!
Note: We are going to use a third-party app to do this.
- Click here to Download GPS status and Toolbox from Play Store.
- Once installed, open the app and give permission to use Location.
- Tap on the menu icon from the top left corner and tap on Manage A-GPS State.
- Tap on the RESET button to clear the GPS cached data.
- Restart the device.
Fix 03 – Update Google Network Location Provider (NLP)
In case you are not aware, Google Network Location Provider(NLP) is a service used to improve location accuracy when your device is placed indoors where GPS signal cannot be detected when you check the location using a mapping/navigation app.
Updating the Google Network Location Provider will give a boost to the accuracy of the location and will help to fix the GPS signal lost error. Follow the instructions below:
- Open Settings on your S22 Ultra.
- Go to Location.
- Tap on Google location accuracy and switch it on.
Even more, you can improve the location tracking accuracy and fix the GPS signal loss error by turning on Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth scanning. Here is how you can do that:
- In the same Location settings, tap on Improve accuracy.
- Now turn on Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth scanning.
- Restart the device.
Fix 04 – Allow Mapping/Navigational Apps to Use Location Always
Mapping/navigational apps like Google apps use the location (GPS service & the antenna) even in the background to consistently check the location of your device. This can help you avoid losing GPS signals because the antenna is always connected to the satellite.
But if the app isn’t allowed to use the GPS in your Galaxy S22 Ultra, chances are high that you will experience no GPS signal or GPS signal lost error. To avoid that from happening you need to allow the navigation app to use the location of your device all the time.
Here is how you can do that:
- Go to Location settings as mentioned in Fix 03 (open settings and then tap on Location).
- Tap on App permissions.
- Select the mapping/navigation app you want and then tap on Allow all the time.
- Restart the app.
Fix 05 – Disable Battery Optimization for Mapping/Navigation App You Use
Nowadays, every android device has a thing called “battery optimization” that stops the unused processes that eat up the device’s battery.
Removing the mapping/navigation app you use from this battery optimization gives the app permission to run in the background and continuously get signals from the server and satellite. That means it will help avoid both GPS no signal and GPS signal lost errors.
Let’s see how you can do that:
- Once again, go to Settings, then Apps.
- Tap on the navigation/mapping app you use.
- Tap on Battery optimization (or anything similar to that).
- Use the toggle button to remove the app from battery optimization.
Fix 06 – Clear Your S22 Ultra Device’s Cache
Clearing the cache in your device will help to fix a lot of issues. It will alter the android system to generate new cache files so that if the older cached data caused the no GPS signal issue, it will be fixed once you clear the cache.
Note: Make sure there is at least 60% battery level remaining before doing this method.
Read: Recovery Mode on Samsung Galaxy Smartphones – Complete Guide (2022)
Here is how you do this:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Power button + Volume up button till the device boot into the recovery mode.
- Use the volume keys to navigate through the recovery mode, and highlight the Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now press the Power button. If you are asked to confirm, do that as well.
- Wait until the process completes.
- Now, using the volume keys and the power button Reboot the device.
Fix 06 – Perform a Factory Data Reset
If none of the above fixes worked for you, the last option is to factory reset your S22 Ultra device. This will remove all apps except the pre-loaded ones, app preferences, personal files, and all other data from your device.
Note: Make sure to back up your data before you factory reset your device. Also, there must be a minimum of 75% battery level remaining before performing the factory data reset.
- Go to Settings, then General Management
- Tap on Factory Data Reset
I hope you have fixed the no GPS signal or GPS signal lost issue using the given fixes above. I know it is frustrating to use one of the best mobile phones in the world but cannot use its navigation system. The best option is to wait for an update if you have not fixed the issue yet. Although, there is no need to worry because Samsung provides a good warranty period for both your device’s software and hardware. You can also take your S22 Ultra phone to the nearest Galaxy Store or repair shop to get your device fixed.
Thank you for reading the guide. If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to leave a comment below.
Have a nice day!
Related posts for Samsung Galaxy S22 Devices
- How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S22: Alarm No Sound Problem
- How to Change Default Theme in Samsung Galaxy S22 Devices Easy