Among the sound problems on Samsung Galaxy S22 devices, the low Bluetooth volume has become annoying and hard to solve for a lot of users who use the devices.
Most users who reported this issue were using Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. They said they had tried turning the volume up to clear the device cache. None of it worked for them.
But not for our readers.
Is your Samsung S22 Bluetooth volume low? No worries because In this guide, you will learn how to fix it without sending your phone back to the service center.
Note: The content of this guide is suitable for all Samsung Galaxy S22 models (S22+, S22FE & S22 Ultra)
Why is Bluetooth audio volume so low on my Galaxy S22?
If you wonder why the Bluetooth volume is so low, there are 2 main reasons.
- Your Galaxy S22
- The Bluetooth device
Either your phone or the Bluetooth device causes the low volume issue. If we look at the Galaxy S22;
- Misconfigurations can cause Bluetooth to play audio at low levels
- Some Bluetooth devices have a controller app that needs to download. Without the app, the device won’t function properly and cause the low volume issue
- Glitches and bugs in the Android system
On the other hand, if we take the Bluetooth device you are trying to work with;
- Is incompatible with your S22 or,
- The device’s volume level is set to low or,
- It has a volume-limiting feature or,
- If the device has a hardware failure, you will experience low volume when playing audio on that device.
Therefore, we need to check and troubleshoot both devices in order to fix the issue. Let’s see how you can do that.
How to fix the Samsung S22 Bluetooth volume low issue
Here are the 6 solutions that you can do to fix the Bluetooth low volume issue on your Galaxy S22.
Fix 01: Restart the Bluetooth device and your Galaxy S22
The first step of troubleshooting is restarting both devices. When you do a restart, both devices get refreshed and can fix the audio issue.
Restart your Galaxy S22 and the Bluetooth device. Then pair the device with your phone to serif it works.
If the volume is still very low, go to the next solution.
Fix 02: Remove the Bluetooth device and pair it again
When you pair a Bluetooth device, the information and configurations of the device are stored on the device.
If the pairing did not complete successfully, the Bluetooth device wouldn’t work as it supposed to be. To fix this, you can re-pair the device with your Galaxy S22, and here is how you can do it.
- Go to Settings and tap on Connections
- Tap on Bluetooth
- You will see the paired Bluetooth devices. Tap the gear icon next to your device
- Tap on unpair
- Turn on Bluetooth and pair the device again
After you pair the device, play audio to check the volume. If this does not work, go to the next solution to turn off absolute volume to fix the issue.
Fix 03: Turn off the absolute volume
Absolute volume is a feature that comes with your Galaxy S22. Its purpose is to reduce the actual volume for high noise levels.
However, this feature has a downside too. Especially, this can cause low volume for specific Bluetooth devices.
Therefore you can turn off the absolute volume feature to see if it can fix the issue. Simply follow these steps;
- Go Settings
- Scroll down and tap on developer options. (Check this guide on how to enable the developer option on your device)
- Scroll down and find the Absolute volume, then toggle off the button next to it
- Restart your phone
- Connect the Bluetooth device
Fix 04: Check the Bluetooth device with another phone
Have you tested the Bluetooth device by connecting to another phone? If not, it is time to do it.
Hardware failures like faulty speakers are a common problem when it comes to Bluetooth audio devices. The best way to test this is by connecting the device to another phone or a computer.
If you hear the sound louder than when connected to your Galaxy S22, then you can follow the rest of the solution.
But if the volume is still very low even after being connected to another phone or computer, that could mean the Bluetooth device has a hardware issue. You should take the device to repair or return it to the seller.
Fix 05: Tweak the audio profile of your Galaxy S22
Under developer options, you can change the default audio settings on your Galaxy S22 that are unavailable under sound settings.
These changes can fix the incompatibility of the audio profile and give a boost to the Bluetooth volume.
Here is how to tweak the audio settings.
- Go to Settings > Developer options
- Scroll down to the audio section
- Set the audio codec to SBC
- Change the Bluetooth AVRCP version to 1.6 or 1.7
- Set the Bluetooth PBAP to Version 1.2
- Then restart the device
After you restart the phone, go ahead and check the volume to see if it works.
Fix 06: Use a volume booster app
You can install an app like the Volume Booster GOODEV to give some extra boost to the volume.
However, these apps can cause audio distortions as well. Therefore, instead of increasing the volume all the way up, gradually increase the volume without hurting the audio quality.
- Download and install Volume Booster GOODEV from Play Store
- Open the app and increase the volume level to 100
- Connect the device and move the volume boost slider slowly and increase the volume as you want
Some solutions given in this guide are tested by ourselves, and the other solutions are found in the research we did on this problem. We hope this guide helped you to fix the Bluetooth volume low issue on your Samsung Galaxy S22.
Which solution worked for you? Send us your feedback using a comment. If you have any questions, leave a comment here, and we will be there to help you.
Have a nice day!
More guides for your Samsung Galaxy S22
- How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra No Signal Issue
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Keyboard Disappeared – How to Fix
- Samsung S21/S22 Play Store Not Working – How to Fix
- Samsung Galaxy S22 getting the new Android 13 Update: Read more about the new Android 13 update on Samsung
- Samsung Galaxy S21/S22 Randomly Shuts Off – How to Fix