Users who have installed the Instagram app on their Samsung Galaxy S22 have reported issues with the app several times on the Samsung community and Reddit social media platform.
One of those issues, the most common one we see, is Instagram app keep crashing when a user opens the app or while using it (Some also say the whole system crash when using the app). The Samsung S22 & Samsung S22 Ultra are more prone to this crashing issue, and there aren’t a lot of resources for users like you to fix this problem.
So in this guide, we will give you the solution to Samsung S22 Instagram keep crashing issue. Not only that, you will know why the Instagram app fails to run smoothly on your Samsung S22 and crashes suddenly.
Let’s get started!
Note: Although we have mentioned one or two models here, this guide also applies to Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus, S22 Fe & S22 Ultra, and region-based variants too.
Why does the Instagram app keep crashing on Samsung S22?
Like any other issue you have faced while using your Galaxy S22, there can be one or several reasons to crash the Instagram app while you using it.
If only the Instagram app is crashing, it is most likely because of bugs, glitches, or a corrupted/outdated app cache. However, if the whole system crashes when the Instagram app crashes, it could mean there can be a system issue as well that contributes to this problem.
That means insufficient RAM, storage, or a temporary system glitch is behind the crashing of both the system and the Instagram app. In this type of scenario, you may have to take some extra troubleshooting methods to fix the problem.
But there is nothing to be worried about. We have included every possible working solution that can easily apply to your Samsung S22. All you have to do is follow the fixes mentioned below one by one and check the app after applying each solution. So you won’t need to do everything to get the app fixed.
Let’s move on to the solutions.
How to fix Samsung S22 Instagram keep crashing
Here are the fixes that we give you to solve the Instagram crashing issue;
- Rebooting the device and force-stopping the app
- Free up memory
- Clear Instagram app cache/data
- Updating Instagram
- Performing a system update (Also known as a software update)
- Re-installing the app
If you have already tried one of the above solutions, you can safely move on to the next one. Let’s begin troubleshooting.
Reboot the device
Rebooting your Galaxy S22 is the easiest and most reliable way to get rid of temporary system glitches and bugs. Once rebooted, you should be able to use the Instagram app without crashing issues.
Here is how you can do that;
- Press and hold the power button + volume down button for a few seconds. When your phone starts to shut down, release the keys.
After your device is restarted, you should force-stop the Instagram app if it is still running. This will help you to solve glitches within the app easily. To do this, follow these steps;
- Open Settings on your Galaxy S22
- Go to Apps
- Tap on the Instagram app
- Tap on “Force stop” button
- Re-open the app
Once you re-open the app, check if the crashing issue is fixed. If the app or the whole system still crashes, follow the next solution.
Check the available RAM
Even if your Galaxy S22 has massive RAM, still, an app might be running in the background and eating up the available RAM of your device.
Go to the Device care app and see how much RAM is available to use for apps if you see any suspicious apps that use a lot of memory. Clear the RAM by tapping the Optimize button.
Clear the Instagram app cache
As you may know, every Android app keeps separate cache data to run efficiently and smoothly without lagging or stuttering.
However, if the cache data become outdated or corrupted by a sudden app crash, it will keep crashing because of the defective cache data.
To fix this, you need to clear the app cache manually, and let the Instagram app to build new cache data. Follow these steps to do this;
- Go to Settings > Apps
- Locate the Instagram app and tap on it
- Once inside, tap on “Storage” or “Manage storage” option
- Tap on the Clear cache button to wipe out the app cache
- Then, re-open the app and see if the problem is solved
If clearing the cache doesn’t work, you can also try clearing the app data. But you will have to log into your Instagram account again since clearing the app data removed all the login information saved in your Galaxy S22.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Instagram, and tap on “Storage” or “Manage storage” (Like you did as mentioned above)
- Simply tap on the Clear app data button and confirm to clear the app data
After you clear the app data, open the Instagram app and log back into your account and see if the problem is fixed.
Update the Instagram app
You can check for updates on Instagram and install it to resolve if there are any permanent bugs existing within the Instagram app. Also, installing app updates can help to increase the overall performance and stability of the app as well.
So it is a good thing to check if there is any update for the Instagram app. Here is how you can do that;
- Open Google Play Store on your Samsung S22
- Tap on the profile icon located at the top right corner
- Tap on “Manage apps and device”
- Tap on the Manage tap
- Filter apps by tapping the “Updates available”
- See if the Instagram app is listed there. If so, tap on it
- Tap on the “Update” button to install the update
Re-install the Instagram app
Reinstalling the app will help to solve the unsolvable issue even if you clear the app cache and data and update the app.
Simply open Settings > Apps > Instagram and tap on Uninstall. Then go to Play Store and reinstall the app.
Check for system updates
This solution will work best if the whole system crashes with the Instagram app. However, you can also do this since updating the system does no harm to your device.
You can check our Samsung S22 update tracker to see what changes have been brought by an update.
To update your system, follow the steps below;
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Software update
- Tap on the three dots at the top right corner and select “Download & Install”
- After your Galaxy S22 finishes checking for software updates, it will notify you to install it. Then you can go back to the Software update section and install the update.
If you follow the solutions we have given above carefully, you should be successfully solved the Instagram crash on your Samsung S22.
Although you may have questions and still need help solving this problem. You can use the comment section to ask them freely.
Have a nice day!
More guides for your Samsung Galaxy S22
- Samsung S22 Ultra Wifi Calling Not Working? Try These Fixes!
- Samsung S22 Ultra Twitter Lag Fix (2023)
- Samsung S22 Connected Without Internet – How to Fix it
- Samsung S22 Icon Color Changed After Software Update – Quick Fixes!
- Samsung S22 Bluetooth Volume Low – What Can I Do